Au Pair in Italy
Who is an Au Pair?
An au pair is generally between 18 and 30 years old.
In return for board, lodging and some weekly pocket money, the au pair will take care of the host family’s children and deal with minor daily chores (e.g. cooking, tidying up their things and bedrooms, tidying up in general, helping in the kitchen, etc.).
Heavy chores are excluded since the au pair is not and must not be seen as a servant, considering their characteristics and the solely cultural intent of their stay in Italy. The au pair will be treated as a family member: they will have their own bedroom and the possibility of attending a course in Italy.
Going to Italy and your Host Family
In Italy, we have families in the entire country, but we accept families located only in big cities or in the most popular places. It is very rare for us to accept host families far from everything, thus we suggest choosing the host families and not the place.
Italy is a small country and the host family will leave you most of your weekend off just to let you have the opportunity to enjoy traveling across Italy with our other au pairs. During your free time, you will be able as well to reach different places abroad as well like France, Spain, Switzerland, the UK, Germany and so on.
AU PAIR IN ITALY:
-90 day maximum staying
-Characteristics: experience with children, education background, responsible person, flexibility. English Native Level is required.
- You will be able to attend a language course (SpeakItaly has several options to offer based on where you are going) at least a couple of times a week but it as to be agreed upon with the host family as well.
-The families have children from 18 months to 14 years.
-Pocket money 90 – 110€ for about 30 hours/week
DEMI PAIR IN ITALY:
- You have basic Italian knowledge and you want to go to school every day to improve your level.
- You will acquire a student visa and we will register you to a course in the city you selected
- Childcare experience required
- Pocket money 120- 135€ for 20 hours/week
TUTOR IN ITALY:
2) English Native Tutors can go to Italy to teach the children of a family (age 7+). Pocket Money is not always guaranteed and you must work minimum 15 hours a week